8 day premium escorted tour – Geneva to Zurick
Discover a land of contrasting scenery, people and languages, offering an eclectic mix of interests and wonders.
Visit: Geneva, Montreaux, Zermatt, Baveno, St. Moritz, Liechtenstein, Lucerne and more.
Departs between: 23rd Apr – 1st Oct 2017
Insight Vacations Exclusive Signature Experiences
- Stanserhorn: Take a spectacular journey by a funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of expansive mountain views.
- Montreux: Travel to the foot of the Alps to the scenic Swiss town of Montreux, which boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva. Enjoy free time to explore this pretty town.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet in the lake. With the help of a Local Expert, look out for Lord Byron’s name which he carved into a pillar.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort.
- Scenic Swiss Rail Journey: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express – through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, a glorious adventure in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, only possible by rail.
Stay at the best addresses
- Zermatt: The unique Hotel Alex is one of the most original hotels you will find anywhere in Switzerland, cleverly combining modern and traditional elements into a hospitality experience that’s full of fun and surprises.
- Zermatt: The Schlosshotel offers luxurious hotel rooms, quality service and a relaxed environment.
- St Moritz: The Crystal is located close to shops in the town centre, where all the prestigious names from Chanel and Gucci to Louis Vuitton are lined up together.
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts, plus 1 Welcome Dinner, 1 Dine-Around, 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner and 1 Celebration Dinner all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
Additional Five Star Services
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
For more information on Glorious Switzerland please contact email@example.com